There are an endless number of moisturizers on the market, however making your own at home is incredibly easy and relatively inexpensive– not to mention, you know exactly what the ingredients are! Making a moisturizer makes it sound like you’re a mad scientist, concocting some sort of secret elixir. Which actually isn’t very far from the truth. Feel free to don your bathrobe and pretend you’re an evil genius whilst making this homemade moisturizer for sensitive skin.
Rather than spoil the ending about your skin feeling softer and more hydrated, and your spirit feeling radiant and youthful… we’ll let you find out for yourself. Here’s everything you need to know about making your homemade moisturizer for sensitive skin.
Why: You may not literally become younger, but you’ll soften lines and give your skin a more supple appearance. Enjoy softer, hydrated, elastic skin, and promote graceful aging.
When: Immediately after you’ve bathed and patted dry your face in the morning.
Rose Lavender Moisturizer Recipe
- 2 ounces jojoba oil
- 10 drops of rose oil (oil soluble rose absolute, not rose water)
- 10 drops of lavender oil
- 1 glass jar
- Pour jojoba oil, rose oil, and lavender oil in glass container.
- Roll glass container in hand until combined.
- Pour a small amount of mixture into hands and with a light, even pressure, massage in upward strokes from your neck up to your forehead. (Steer clear of your eyelids and be careful around the eye area.*)
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
*We know that everyone's skin is different, so discontinue use if rash or irritation develop. Always patch test before using on your face.
Complete your skin care routine with our Natural Skin Care Guide for Sensitive Skin.
Try our other natural recipes for glowing skin: