Psst… We’re going to let you in on a secret. The key ingredient to our DIY exfoliator for sensitive skin is likely in your kitchen pantry. This super simple, super gentle homemade exfoliator is going to change your life!
Just because you have sensitive skin doesn’t mean you're doomed to a future of bumpy, irritated, or blotchy skin. We reject that notion! The honey scrub recipe, and all the other recipes in our Natural Skin Care Guide, are made with sensitive skin folks, such as yourself, in mind.
Here’s everything you need to know about making a honey scrub for sensitive skin. Now go forth and shine!
The Benefits of Exfoliating
What: The removal of dead skin cells on the skin’s surface. Sort of gross, super helpful.
How: Massage the product gently onto your skin in a circular motion to slough off the dead skin cells. The easiest way to exfoliate is all at once in the shower.
Where: All over your face, legs, arms, tummy. Basically everywhere.
- Glowing Skin: Removing dead skin cells shows the fresh and healthy skin cells underneath.
- Smaller Pores: Dead skin cells gunk up your pores and will eventually make your pores larger.
- Hydrated Skin: Removing dead cells reduces the risk of oil getting trapped and congesting your face.
When: If you’re new at this, try once a week. Depending on how your skin reacts, you can increase the amount to no more than 2 times per week.
Honey Exfoliator Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. raw organic honey
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Wash face with Aloe Vera cleanser first to remove impurities and makeup.
- Massage raw honey onto wet skin in circular motions around your face and neck.
- Rinse the scrub off and pat dry
- Follow next step in skin care routine.
Complete your skin care routine with our Natural Skin Care Guide for Sensitive Skin.
Try our other natural skin care recipes: