Let's talk face mist. What is it and what does it do? Well, mist is great for a couple of reasons, especially the homemade variety. A homemade face mist for sensitive skin is a hydrating and refreshing way to prep your face before makeup. It can also help set your makeup in place for the day.
Face mist is incredibly easy to make. As long as you have a recipe. Which you now do! Our recipe for face mist is ideal for sensitive skin. We combine chamomile and lavender for the ultimate soothing skin experience. Here’s everything you need to know about homemade face mist for sensitive skin.
Face Mist 101
What: Spritzes of essential oils and antioxidants
- Hold the spray about five inches away from your face and spritz.
- Let it sit for a minute and then blot off excess with a tissue or massage into skin.
Where: Your face and neck
Why: Face mist is great for a couple of reasons. Facial mists prep skin before makeup, it sets your makeup in place for the day, and it helps keep your skin hydrated and refreshed. Facial mists also help with skin issues like: oily skin, inflamed skin, dry skin, and irritated skin.
When: To hydrate and energize your skin, spritz your face with mist before putting on your makeup. If you want that natural-looking dewy skin, spray on your facial mist after applying makeup.
Chamomile Face Mist Recipe
- ¼ cup distilled water
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- 3 drops lavender oil
- Tea kettle or small sauce pan
- 4-ounce spray bottle with fine mist sprayer
- Bring water to a boil, then steep the tea bag for 10 minutes. Let it cool.
- Fill half of the spray bottle with tea, add more distilled water to fill the bottle.
- Drop in essential oil and shake.
- Hold bottle 5-6 inches away from your face and spritz.
- Let the mist sit for a minute and then blot off the excess with a tissue.
Get our Natural Skin Care Guide to follow the next step in the Sensitive Skin Care Routine.