A good facial scrub is essential year-round, but particularly indispensable in the fall and winter. As the air turns cooler, it becomes drier, and unfortunately, so does your skin. This organic pumpkin scrub is one of our favorites because it will leave you feeling moisturized, refreshed, and smelling great too. Kissably soft skin and a lovely fall aroma, what more could you want? Our recipe for organic pumpkin scrub is entirely natural and is easy to make at home.
Organic Pumpkin Spice Facial Scrub Recipe
- 1/2 cup organic white sugar
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Mix together your white sugar, brown sugar, and the pumpkin pie spice in a small to medium bowl. If you’re feeling especially artisanal, you can make it in a jar!
- Throw in the raw honey and pumpkin puree.
By the way, this recipe is totally flexible, meaning you can put in as little, or as much of a certain ingredient as you want. The given measurements give you a starting point with what has worked for us, but if you find that your skin responds better to certain ingredients over others, feel free to change it up!
Store your scrub in the fridge. Pumpkin puree is not a shelf-stable or long-term product, and you’ll want to keep it fresh.
How to Use
- Apply a small amount (just enough to cover your face with a single layer) of the scrub to a recently-washed face, and gently massage into your skin.
- Let the scrub sit for 5-10 minutes
- Wipe your face clean with a warm washcloth.
This recipe for organic pumpkin spice facial scrub is awesome for personal use, but also makes for a fantastic gift. If you feel so inclined, you can fancy up some small jars for the scrub, and make someone’s day. Or you can keep it for yourself. There’s no shame in it.