A good facial scrub is essential year-round, but particularly indispensable in the fall and winter. As the air turns cooler, it becomes drier, and unfortunately, so does your skin. This organic pumpkin scrub is one of our favorites because it will leave you feeling moisturized, refreshed, and smelling great too. Kissably soft skin and a lovely fall aroma, what more could you want? Our recipe for organic pumpkin scrub is entirely natural and is easy to make at home.
Organic Brown Sugar + Pumpkin Facial Scrub Recipe
- 1/2 cup organic white sugar
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Mix together your white sugar, brown sugar, and the pumpkin pie spice in a small to medium bowl. If you’re feeling especially artisanal, you can make it in a jar!
- Throw in the raw honey and pumpkin puree.
The given measurements give you a starting point with what has worked for us, but if you find that your skin responds better to certain ingredients over others, feel free to change it up!
Store your scrub in the fridge (and we recommend discarding after a week). Pumpkin puree is not a shelf-stable or long-term product, and you’ll want to use it and keep it fresh.
How to Use
- Apply a small amount (just enough to cover your face with a single layer) of the scrub to a recently-washed face, and gently massage into your skin.
- Let the scrub sit for 5-10 minutes
- Wipe your face clean with a warm washcloth.
Complete your skin care routine with our Natural Skin Care Guide for Sensitive Skin.
Try our other natural exfoliator recipes: