Makes 2 dozen
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
We’ve taken a quick and reliable, protein-rich vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe and added a festive twist with vanilla and cardamom. This recipe is a winner during the holiday season or any time you want to add a little spice.
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup tahini (or other nut/seed butter)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean or 2 tsp vanilla paste (extract works too)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt 1 tsp cardamom, ground
- 3/4 cup dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, add wet ingredients (chickpeas, tahini, apple sauce, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil). Blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, ground cardamom).
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula. Careful not to over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Use the back of a spoon to flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Let cool completely.
- Cookies are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven. Keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
We're all about great ingredients—and that goes for the things we put in our bodies and on our skin.