Healthy Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe
Thanksgiving is a holiday that is close to both our hearts and our stomachs. With this healthy dessert, we satisfy both the heart and the stomach. We’ve tried it out, and can testify that this Cranberry-Lime Cheesecake is crazy delicious.
Dessert is often put on the back burner– especially if you're focused on making a big dinner. This lighter take on cheesecake is vegetarian-friendly and can easily be whipped up the day before and left in the fridge. Just be sure to give yourself ample time; this recipe is simple, but it does require a relatively long cook and cool.
Cranberry-Lime Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup whole-what graham cracker crumbs
- 2 8-oz packages of reduced-fat cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 15-oz. container part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cup fresh cranberries
- Small pinch of salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon, cornstarch
- 9-inch springform pan
- Cooking spray
- Pot or kettle
- Mixing bowl
- Blender or food processor
- Roasting pan with tall sides
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat springform pan with cooking spray. Then wrap exterior with tin foil. Meanwhile, put a kettle of water on to boil.
- In a bowl, grind up your graham crackers and add canola oil. Stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan and press firmly into the bottom to make your crust.
- Next, put ricotta cheese in a blender or food processor. Process until completely smooth. Add the cream cheese and purée until smooth. Add 2 teaspoons of lime zest, along with 5 tablespoons of lime juice. Then add your sugar, eggs, salt, and vanilla. Process everything until smooth again. Pour mixture over prepared crust.
- Place cheesecake in a roasting pan. Pour the boiling water from your kettle into the roasting pan until the water comes up to about an inch on the sides of the pan.
- Carefully move the roasting pan to the center of your oven. Bake the cheesecake until it is cooked on the edges, but the center is still slightly jiggly. Around 75-90 minutes.
- Take cheesecake out and let it cool in the water bath until the water is room temperature. About 2 hours.
- Remove cheesecake from the water bath and take off foil. Let it cool completely in the fridge, uncovered, for at least 3 hours.
- While your cheesecake cools, make your topping: Combine water, sugar, cranberries, and a pinch of salt in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Throw in 2 tablespoons of lime juice mixed with starch, and stir. Let it cook, while frequently stirring, until it thickens, (about 1 minute). Let cool completely before drizzling onto the cheesecake.
More from: Recipes
Leave a comment