Let’s take a moment to talk about turmeric, and why it belongs on our faces. Some people think that turmeric just might be the most nutritional supplement in existence! Studies show that turmeric is good for both your brain and your body. So, we’re not guaranteeing that turmeric will help you ace a test, but we’re also not guaranteeing that it won’t help you ace a test. Homemade scrub for sensitive skin might help you ace a test.
The coolest thing about turmeric is that it contains bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties. In other words, it heals imperfections on your face! It also is a natural anti-inflammatory compound. At this point, you’re probably wondering why you haven’t been putting turmeric on your face for years.
Now that you’re excited about turmeric, you can download a PDF version of the recipe here.
Download our Natural Skin Care guide that shows you how to take care of sensitive skin in a natural, but super effective way, here.
Here’s everything you need to know about doing your own homemade exfoliator for sensitive skin.
What. The removal of dead skin cells on the skin’s surface. Sort of gross, super helpful.
How. Massage the product gently onto your skin in a circular motion to slough off the dead skin cells. The easiest way to exfoliate all at once is in the shower.
Where. All over your face, legs, arms, tummy. Basically everywhere.
- Glowing Skin: Removing dead skin cells shows the fresh and healthy skin cells underneath.
- Smaller Pores: Dead skin cells gunk up your pores and will eventually make your pores larger.
- Hydrated Skin: Removing dead cells reduces the risk of oil getting trapped and congesting your face.
When. If you’re new at this, try once a week. Depending on how your skin acts, you can increase the amount to no more than 2 times per week.
Turmeric Exfoliator Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. Turmeric Powder
- 4 Tbsp. Chickpea Flour
- 4-5 Tbsp. Milk or Water
- Small bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Wash face first to remove impurities and makeup
- Use Aloe Vera cleanser to wash face
- In a small bowl, mix turmeric powder with chickpea flour and mix until completely combined.
- Apply a small amount of scrub to wet skin.
- Use gentle circular motions to scrub the face.
- Rinse the scrub off and pat dry
- Follow next step in skin care routine.
Download our Natural Skin Care Guide to follow the next step in the Sensitive Skin care routine.
Your Official Guide to Natural Skin Care
Here’s what we’ll be covering in our natural skin care series:
- Aloe Vera Face Wash
- Honey Exfoliator
- Chamomile Tea Face Mist
- Rose Lavender Moisturizer
- Coconut Honey Face Mask
- Rose Sunscreen