Pst… we’re going to let you in on a secret about our homemade exfoliator for sensitive skin. A secret ingredient to be precise. It rhymes with “money,” and it’s sort of “runny.” It’s honey! That was fun, right?
While we’re divulging secrets, let’s just talk about the whole recipe for our honey exfoliator for sensitive skin. You can download a PDF version of the recipe here, and while you’re at it, why not download the entire Natural Skin Care guide? You can get that here.
Just because you have sensitive skin doesn’t mean you need to be doomed to a future of bumpy, irritated, or blotchy skin. We reject that notion! The honey scrub recipe, and all the other recipes in the Natural Skin Care Guide, are made with sensitive skin peeps in mind.
Here’s everything you need to know about making a honey scrub for sensitive skin. Now go forth and shine!
What. The removal of dead skin cells on the skin’s surface. Sort of gross, super helpful.
How. Massage the product gently onto your skin in a circular motion to slough off the dead skin cells. The easiest way to exfoliate is all at once in the shower.
Where. All over your face, legs, arms, tummy. Basically everywhere.
- Glowing Skin: Removing dead skin cells shows the fresh and healthy skin cells underneath.
- Smaller Pores: Dead skin cells gunk up your pores and will eventually make your pores larger.
- Hydrated Skin: Removing dead cells reduces the risk of oil getting trapped and congesting your face.
When. If you’re new at this, try once a week. Depending on how your skin acts, you can increase the amount to no more than 2 times per week.
Honey Exfoliator Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. raw organic honey
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Wash face with Aloe Vera cleanser first to remove impurities and makeup.
- Massage raw honey onto wet skin in circular motions around your face and neck.
- Rinse the scrub off and pat dry
- Follow next step in skin care routine.
Download our Natural Skin Care Guide to follow the next step in the Sensitive Skin care routine.
Your Official Guide to Natural Skin Care
Here’s what we’ll be covering in our natural skin care series:
- Aloe Vera Face Wash
- Turmeric Exfoliator
- Chamomile Tea Face Mist
- Rose Lavender Moisturizer
- Coconut Honey Face Mask
- Rose Sunscreen