CHAMOMILE FACE MIST
Can we talk about face mist for a second? Mist is great for a couple of reasons, especially the homemade
variety. Homemade face mist for sensitive skin preps you before makeup, and it can help set your makeup in place for the day. Not to mention the whole keeping your skin hydrated and refreshed thing.
But, for the sake of transparency, here’s a short list of things that face mist does not do:
- Make you taller
- Bring good luck
- Increase your intelligence
So, even though face mist does a lot of things, they don’t do those things.
Also, face mist is incredibly easy to make. As long as you have a recipe. Which you do!
You can download the PDF version right here.
While we’re on the subject, you should download our Natural Skin Care Guide for more cool recipes and tips.
Here’s everything you need to know about homemade face mist for sensitive skin.
What. Spritzes of essential oils and antioxidants.
- Hold the spray about five inches away from your face and spritz.
- Let it sit for a minute and then blot off excess with a tissue or massage into skin.
Where. Your Face!
Why. Face mist is great for a couple of reasons. Facial mists prep skin before makeup, it sets your makeup in place for the day, and it helps keep your skin hydrated and refreshed. Facial mists also help with skin issues like: oily skin, inflamed skin, dry skin, and irritated skin.
When. Whether you want to apply your facial mist on your skin before, or after, you do your makeup depends on what you want to do. To hydrate and energize your skin, spritz your face with mist before applying your makeup. If you want that natural looking dewy skin, spray on your facial mist after putting on makeup.
CHAMOMILE FACE MIST
- ¼ cup distilled water
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- 3 drops lavender oil
- Tea kettle or small sauce pan
- 4-ounce spray bottle with fine mist sprayer
- Boil water and steep the tea bag in water for 10 minutes, then let it cool.
- Fill half of the spray bottle with tea, add distilled water to fill the bottle.
- Drop in essential oil and shake.
- Hold bottle 5-6 inches away from your face and spritz.
- Let the mist sit for a minute and then blot off the excess with a tissue.
- Follow next step in skin care routine.
Download our Natural Skin Care Guide to follow the next step in the Sensitive Skin care routine.
Your Official Guide to Natural Skin Care
Here’s what we’ll be covering in our natural skin care series:
- Aloe Vera Face Wash
- Turmeric Exfoliator
- Honey Exfoliator
- Rose Lavender Moisturizer
- Coconut Honey Face Mask
- Rose Sunscreen